Through our experienced technical support, its commitment to service and superior manufacturing quality, our supplier is dedicated to being the Number One supplier of corrosion resistant equipment to the Metal Finishing, Plating and Anodizing Industries.
PES supplies Immersion Coils in many different configurations to meet the specific needs of the industry. Grid coils are used to achieve the maximum heat transfer area in the least amount of dimensional space. Serpentine and “U” coils are used in situations were smaller heat transfer requirements are needed.
Available Materials of Construction:
- Stainless Steel
Standard Coil Features:
- Hanger Straps
- Anti-Flotation Arms
- Solution Level Jackets
- Horizontal or Vertical Orientation for Side Wall Mounting or Bottom Mounts Also Available
Our products are all custom-engineered and fabricated to specific applications. PES offers a full line of standard and custom designed in-tank immersion coils for the indirect steam heating of pickle bath operations.
Comparison of a PTFE Immersion Heater to a Zirconium Immersion Coil
Basic heat transfer equation used to calculate required surface area. +Zirconium heat exchanger surface are required does not take into consideration using a higher pressure steam
Click here for the Immersion Coil Reference Guide for sizing
Tank Heating Coils
We can also fabricate with fintubes having the orientation of the fin in the direction of the convection currents in the tank. When the fluid next to the fintube is heated it rises rapidly due to the lower density. The colder fluid at the top of the tank falls to the bottom, creating a thermosyphon action in the tank.
Providing tank heating coils with the fins longitudinally for vertical coils and helically for horizontal coils is the most effective heat transfer surface because the fluid rising vertically passes between the fins, not across the fins.
Since the coils are supported off the tank floor and tank fluid is kept in motion by the thermosyphon effect, sediment remains in suspension and the heating coils, tank walls and the floor are kept clean.
BAYONET COILS (Horizontal)
- Direct connection to tank mounting flange.
- All connections outside of tank.
- Helical fintubes oriented in direction of thermosyphon flow.
HORIZONTAL COILS (For tanks with low liquid levels)
- Parallel flow for steam heating.
- Series flow for hot oil/heat transfer fluid heating.
- Vertical design gives best thermosyphon flow in tank and most efficient heat transfer.
- Off-floor design allows for easier cleaning of tank.
Flanged Electric Immersion Heaters
- ANSI flanges 3″ to 14″ standard; up to 40″ available, power ratings from 1kW to 1 MW+ and custom fit to application demands
- Standard 150lb flanges; 300lb & 600lb readily available, ensures proper pressure rating for your needs
- Copper, steel, SS and Incoloy and other heater sheaths available, custom tailored to application requirements
- Element Spacers & Supports, maximizes heater life and application performance
- Integral thermostats or thermocouples available, allowing integral control or temperature monitoring
- Recompacted element bends provide longer life by ensuring insulation integrity
- UL & CSA recognized elements to 600VAC available, assures safe and reliable performance
- CSA & ATEX certified terminal enclosures available, compliance to strict safety standards for hazloc areas